Sunday, December 27, 2009

before/after

Being on the metro in Japan makes one wonder if s/he hasn't accidentally stepped into a women-only dressing room. This is why some time ago Japanese metro decided to launch the educational campaign with a strong headline like: Please do it at home which was supposed to make Japanese young women show compunctions about applying their make-up on the train. But believe me or not it didn't work and why should it if a wrongdoer asked for the resons responds: ' .. but everyone around me on the train is a stranger so why should I feel embarassed? They don't know me and I don't know them, so who cares whether I apply make-up or not?' A neurologiest asked for a comment on the issue stated that those who are immune to noticing their surroundings have certain type of brain disorder. If so it seems that many people in Tokyo suffer from it.

No comments: